Friday 2 July 2010

What could make decluttering easier?

This is not my list. While these are policies and suggestions I use all the time, brevity is not one of my skills; this is an excellent little summary which turned up in one of the updates I get in my inbox from the wise and wonderful Nina Grunfeld of Life Clubs, and I thought it was well worth passing on.
  1. Find a timer and set it for 5 minutes of decluttering only. You’ve always got the option of ignoring it when it goes.
  2. Get help. Other people can be ruthless with your things.
  3. Don’t beat yourself up that you never went to that play or cooked that recipe. You did something else instead.
  4. Trust your intuition – you’ll know if you want to keep something. Any wavering, bin it.
  5. If you’re only keeping something to be tactful, get rid of it.
Any questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment